ID Alerts (“we” / “us” / “our”) is a trading name of ID Alerts Canada Inc. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SHOULD YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE IDALERTS IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION SERVICES, IDALERTS WILL:
- a) Provide a Canadian National Credit Reporting Agency with the personal information that has been collected from you for the purpose of authenticating your identity;
- b) Retrieve your TransUnion credit bureau profile report and provide you with a copy of same;
- c) Monitor your credit bureau file with the TransUnion Credit Bureau with respect to the following key activities/changes, and provide you with an “alert notification” for any and all bureau file activity/changes;
- d) Process a soft inquiry with the Credit Bureau in order to provide you with the initial Credit Bureau Profile Report and Credit Score. As well as ongoing Credit Bureau Profile Reports and Scores;
- e) Authenticate your identity with the Credit Bureau;
- f) Monitor daily activity on your credit bureau files for the purpose of informing you of potential Identity Theft occurrences;
- g) Comply with Federal or Provincial legal requirements and/or legislation;
- h) Comply as otherwise required by law.
Note: In order to protect you and ID Alerts, in connection with your registration to becoming a subscriber to any of the ID Alerts products or services, we wish to make you aware of our information retention requirements and policies. With respect to your consent allowing our retrieval of your personal credit information which we require and will seek from you, along with additional personal information which you must provide in order that we may authenticate your identity, if:
- You register/subscribe to ID Alerts via our web site, your identity authentication information (see“ Additional Personal Information” details below) and consent as described above will be stored/retained by idAlerts for possible future reference *.
*Any and all Credit Bureau Profile Reports obtained by ID Alerts from Trans Union in connection with any subscribed to services will be stored by ID Alerts. This retention is for reference purposes only should you have any questions/concerns in connection with your profile report, and as backup should you require it. All other information will be stored for the entire term of your subscribed to services.
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL INFORMATION
Along with your consent for ID Alerts to share your personal information and retrieve your credit bureau report from the Canadian National Reporting Agency, as previously described, you will also be required to provide ID Alerts with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your home address
- Your home and business phone numbers
- Your cell phone number (if applicable)
- Your email address
The above additional information will be requested/required for no purpose other than to:
- process and validate your application for any of our products and services;
- verify your identity and retrieve your credit bureau report details;
- authenticate your identity should you forget your member logon ID and/or password;
- allow us to inform you of specific activity on your credit bureau reports; and,
- in general, to provide our products / services to you, while protecting the service provider / client relationship.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site, we may keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. Some User Data will inevitably comprise personal data about you and may include sensitive personal data. Personal data is information which relates to you and allows you to be identified from that data (or from a combination of those data and other information in our possession. Sensitive personal data is information about or which reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offences and/or involvement in criminal proceedings
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform which are statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By continuing to use this website or our services and by providing any personal data (including sensitive personal data) to us via this website or e-mail addresses provided on this website, you are consenting to such transfers, provided that they are in accordance with the purposes set out above and elsewhere in the Legal Notices. Please do not send us any personal data if you do not consent to the transfer of this information to locations outside the User Jurisdiction (including, if applicable, outside Canada).
USES BEING MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you, third party suppliers and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form OR registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, third party suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Collinson, 412 - 700 Dorval Drive, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 3V3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
Under Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”) you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We may charge for a small fee for our costs incurred with such information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. We accept no responsibility or liability howsoever arising for the content or your use of such third party websites, or in relation to the redemption of any offers by third parties or similar. We will not be liable for any loss, damage or similar suffered or incurred by you arising from your use or access to of such websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.